- 5.8″ OLED display
- Super Fast “10-nanometer A11 chip” A11 processor
- Glass body
- Edge-to-edge display
- Facial Recognition, perhaps replacing Touch ID
- No Home button
- Wireless charging
- Three models – One OLED, two standard
- The iPhone 8 is expected to feature an edge-to-edge display design with minimum bezels. Rumors suggest Touch ID will either be built into the display or eliminated entirely in favor of facial recognition technology, which Apple is confirmed to be working on. Either way, there will be no physical Home button on the iPhone 8 and no bezels aside from a small area for the front-facing camera.
- With an edge-to-edge design, the iPhone 8 may be similar in size to the 4.7-inch iPhone, but with a display the size of the 5.5-inch iPhone. Rumors suggest it will feature a 5.8-inch display with 5.15 inches of usable area, with the rest dedicated to virtual buttons that will replace the existing Home button.
- Display itself is said to be a flexible plastic OLED rather than an LCD.
- iPhone 8 is expected to be water resistant with improved IP68 water resistance rating.
- 3D sensing capabilities that use technology by PrimeSense will make iPhone 8’s front-facing camera very advanced, allowing it to find the location and depth of objects in front of it, enabling advanced 3D facial recognition features.