Maybe you are tired of all the digital ads that come your way every day whether it is at your work email or through your social network sites.
Search for your name on the internet, and you will be surprised to see how easy you are to find.
Computer IP addresses can be tracked, and this is where your problems start. Cell phones, credit card
purchases, travel check-ins and even just a toll booth can trace you. Even individuals can simply search
for your digital footprint and track where you are.
If you truly want to disappear and start a new life, you are going to have to be prepared to go at it alone.
Whether on the run or just settling down to a less digital life, there are a few things you need to do.
LOSE YOUR CELL PHONE
A cell phone is a digital bull’s eye that allows people to easily triangulate your position based on your
cell signal. You don’t even need to make a call to be tracked due to their built-in GPS.
This doesn’t mean you have to go entirely without a cell phone.
Buy a old feature phone and use prepaid calling card with dnd service activated.
USE GIFT CARDS FOR PURCHASES
Use Amazon pay balance or Paytm . The transactions with these cards are between retailers and credit card companies and your personal details aren’t required, and nothing will show up on a statement.
DON’T BE SOCIAL
You will definitely have to give up on Facebook and Twitter. It is best just to walk away if you can. If
not, then you will need to create anonymous accounts from a remote location. You should definitely not
friend or follow anyone you actually know.
ERASE INFO ASSOCIATED WITH PICTURES
If you are in the habit of sending or posting digital pictures, you should at the very least remove the
EXIF data that comes with the image file. This information can include the make of the camera, date and
time the picture was taken and in the case of some modern cameras; geographical location information.
HIDE YOUR IP ADDRESS
A proxy server can be helpful. Tor Browser help prevent people from seeing you by re routing your web page requests through multiple routers on the internet. And you can use multiple vpn services over the internet.
GETTING RID OF ALL DATA FROM THE WEB
- The first step you need to take is to deactivate all your online social media accounts. This includes both larger sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Google as well as any smaller websites you may be a part of.
- The second step is to search for yourself online. This will help you find the websites you may have
signed up for a long time ago, but since forgotten about. For example, a MySpace account you opened
when it was first popular; but have since stopped using due to your more active Facebook account.
- unsubscribe from any mailing lists you signed up for with your email. You can look to your email inbox.
- Lastly, after you have successfully removed yourself from online public areas; you need to take yourself
away from the internet. Do this by deleting all your email accounts.
- you will need to contact the websites directly and ask them to remove the references. This process is difficult and can sometimes take awhile so you will want to get this started as soon as possible.
STEPS TO STAYING PRIVATE ONLINE
- Enable donot track in google chrome setting ( Setting > Advance Setting > un-check “don’t track option”)
- If you want to be hidden while on the internet, then you shouldn’t use Google or Bing for your searches. These sites are known for gathering data from user searches, and they store or share that information. Use DuckDuckGo instead of google.com to stay anonymous.
- Use VPN services example (tunnel bear) to stay anonymous
- You can go a step further in protecting your privacy by removing any stored data about you from the
- Use Linux instead of windows to be secure . Skip Windows 10.
- When you are browsing through your phone use vpn services or use Tor browser to stay anonymous.
These are some useful tips to disappear from internet . Hope you like these tips thanks for reading this article. Ill be making a video on this topic too, So stay connected and again Thank you.